Unicist Functional Design in Marketing
The 4th Industrial Revolution introduced adaptability in the industrial and business world. The concept proposes to manage businesses as adaptive systems increasing customer orientation, productivity and quality. Adaptability requires managing the concepts of the business functions in order to be able to integrate different people, technologies, processes, systems, objects and tools.
Requirements Installed by the 4IR:
- Functional Design to build marketing processes.
- Binary Actions to ensure sales processes.
- Artificial Intelligence to manage adaptability.
- Functional Segmentation to increase market share.
- Conceptual Analysis to manage buying processes.
- Catalysts to accelerate marketing processes.
- Marketing Objects to ensure communication.
It is required to manage the competitive intelligence to provide the information to monitor the competitive advantages, the strengths and weaknesses of the value propositions and the performance indicators.
Managing Customer Orientation in the 4IR
The Unicist Functional Design allows developing solutions in adaptive environments. It is based on the knowledge of the unicist ontology of business functions that allows managing their root causes. It is based on a unicist ontological approach that allows managing the functionality and operation of adaptive systems.
The unicist functional design manages the concepts and fundamentals of processes and emulates the intelligence, organization and evolution of nature to develop maximal strategies to grow and minimum strategies to ensure results.
The Use of Unicist AI
The unicist artificial Intelligence is integrated by data-based AI and fundamentals-based AI.
The data-based AI is supported by the fundamentals-based AI to avoid having subjective biases. When the quantity of data does not suffice, data-based AI is replaced by the use of fundamentals-based AI.
The fundamentals-based AI is based on the use of the ontogenetic maps of the concepts and fundamentals that drive the functionality of the process involved and the use of pilot tests to learn from the environment.
Unicist Functional Design: an Emulation of Nature
The unicist functional design is based on the use of the ontogenetic maps that define the functionality of adaptive entities whatever their kind. The input to any functional design is the conceptual structure of the functionality of the entity that is being designed and the output is the definition of the operational design that includes the definition of the necessary binary actions.
The unicist functional design is sustained by the knowledge of the triadic structure of the concepts of business functions using binary actions, business objects and catalyst to ensure results. Unicist functional design is the unicist ontological approach to design solutions in adaptive environments.
The unicist ontological approach is based on the emulation of the intelligence of nature. It allows designing maximal strategies to generate growth and minimum strategies to ensure results in adaptive environments.
Functional design introduced an upgrade in the design of adaptive business processes. While empirical design is based on the knowledge of the know-how of businesses, functional design is based on the integration of the know-why with the know-how.
The use of binary actions, catalysts and business objects are what makes the management of the functionality of adaptive business processes possible.
1) The Use of Binary Actions in Marketing
Binary actions are two synchronized actions that expand markets while they ensure their results. Therefore, influencing customers requires using unicist binary actions that include the drivers and catalysts of buying processes. The unicist conceptual marketing approach uses binary actions based on the root causes of buying processes, which are influenced using catalysts.
Binary actions ensure fluent communication. Their use allows emulating the structure of buying processes to manage their dynamics and evolution. Some examples will help to grasp the idea:
- The active function and the energy conservation function of the intelligence of a tree drive its growth and survival.
- Lift and propulsion make airplanes take-off and fly.
- The cover and the back-cover define the functionality of the packaging of a book.
- The music and the lyrics of a song define its aesthetics.
The success of sustainable marketing fully depends on the use of binary actions that include catalysts.
2) The Use of Marketing Catalysts
It can be said that marketing catalysts are business objects that build a context for the actions that are being influenced that has to be consistent with the environment in order to be acceptable.
Some examples will help to grasp the idea:
- The GE Open Innovation works as a catalyst for the GE Business
- Special offers are sales catalysts
- The direct publishing alternative is a catalyst that expands the business of Amazon.
- The Deep Blue chess-playing supercomputer versus Garry Kasparov in the 90’s was an equity catalyst for IBM
3) The Use of Marketing Objects
The unicist marketing technology has been developed to include the use of objects in the buying process in order to ensure the critical mass of the processes.
These objects produce basically three noticeable effects:
- They allow having the necessary critical mass to trigger the buying process
- They accelerate buying processes
- These objects allow saving energy in the marketing processes
Some examples will help to grasp the idea:
- (IBM) – Commercial Objects are implemented to install ideas in the mind of the potential customers.
- (ROLEX) – Branding Objects are commercial catalysts that may have a conjunctural, specific, systemic or generic functionality.
- (ABB) – Semantic Objects are used to install meaningful knowledge in the market.
- (O’REILLY) – Semiotic Objects are installed to guide and influence buying processes.
The Unicist Intelligent System to Build Adaptive Systems
The Unicist Intelligent System is an expert system to build adaptive solutions. It works as the “Unicist Brain” of our organization. The discovery of the ontogenetic intelligence of nature led to the development of the unicist logic and the unicist ontology that established the structure of fundamentals-based AI and made the development of the Unicist Intelligent System possible.
Main Application Fields
The unicist functional design of adaptive business functions and processes.is based on the use of the ontogenetic maps of the fundamentals that define the functionality of adaptive systems whatever their kind.
- Business Diagnosing
- Business Intelligence
- Business Objects Design
- Business Process Design
- Business Strategy Design
- B2B & B2C Segmentation Building
- Communication Design
- Complex Problem Solving
- Customer Profiles Design
- Customer Relationship Building
- Customer Value Proposition Design
- Educational Programs Design
- Financial Strategy Design
- Fundamentals Based AI
- Future Scenario Building
- Image Building
- Industrial Strategy Design
- IT Strategy Design
- Marketing Objects Design
- Marketing Process Design
- Organizational Design
- People Management Strategy Design
- Product Design
- Risk Management Strategy Design
- Sales Process Design
- Service Design
- Value Chain Design
- Workstation Design
Managing the Functionality of Value Generation
The triadic structure of unicist concepts defines the functionality of any kind of entity. All that is part of a system has a concept, which makes it part of that system.
The lack of this information forces the substitution of the functional approach with an operational approach, which hinders the management of value generation. A metaphor might help to clarify this concept:
The cost of a glass is in its solid;
its value is in its hollow.
Its cost has no value.
Its value has no cost.
But both of them are within the glass.
The cost of a process is given by its operation;
its value is given by its functionality.
Operation has no value.
Functionality has no cost.
But both of them are within the process.