All our partners and associates, besides participating in the technology transfer activities and in the “think tanks”, provide Business Coaching services using the unicist technology to their clients. This technology allows tripling the hourly price of traditional “coaching” and of business consulting services.
The goal of Business Coaching (Unicist) is to provide support and technologies to CEOs, top executives and business owners to expand businesses. The paradigm shift in sciences, applied to business, allowed the development of Conceptual Management and the Organization by Objects. This is an emulation of the organization of nature that simplified the management of the complex adaptive aspects of businesses. Our coaches have the conceptual knowledge of the field they are coaching, which allows them to deal with the complex aspects of businesses. This activity is for small, midsize and large businesses.
The “Coaching” Process
The concepts people have in mind drive their actions. The Unicist Business Coaching driven by objects is an upgrade in business coaching that includes the management of the fundamentals and the technicalities of a business. A unicist business coach needs to work with three clients simultaneously:
- The business
- The coachee
- The projects
This requires having three different diagnoses to define the feasibility of a coaching process. The unicist coaching processes require having an accurate diagnosis of the possibilities of the activity.
In traditional coaching processes, things happen during the meetings. On the other hand, Unicist business coaching works as a catalyst process that is based on projects. That is why in unicist coaching, things happen between the meetings.
While consultants provide expert inputs and the traditional coaches focus on the personal aspects of the coachees, the unicist business coaches provide technologies that work as catalysts of business processes. The unicist coaches have the possibility of making “consultations” with other coaches to deal with complex aspects of businesses.
Learn about the “Back to Back” methodology that is used in coaching:
The Concept of Unicist Business Coaching
“The Unicist Business Coaching is a “knowledge business” for doers that is developed by doers. UBC assumes a catalyzing role in business. The UBC has three integrated simultaneous clients: the company, the coachee and the projects. It provides the necessary conceptual knowledge that allows managing the fundamentals of business processes to ensure the achievement of the business goals that have been established. This role requires that coaches assume the responsibility for avoiding fallacies to ensure results. Unicist business coaches provide conceptual knowledge by using knowledge objects that guide the coachees in the process of transforming conceptual knowledge into results. The business coaching agreements can be made based on fixed fees or success fees.”
Second Opinion Diagnoses
An adjacent activity of unicist coaches is the development of 2nd opinion diagnoses for their clients. These diagnoses are made using the unicist expert system that allows ensuring the accuracy of the diagnoses.
The Core Operational Aspects
- In order to ensure the functionality as a catalyst, the work of a “business coach” has to be an on-line activity. Personal external coaching hinders the possibility of working as a catalyst and tends towards a partnering model.
- The subjects of the “coaching processes” are the solutions and the problems, but not people. People are considered based on their role in the processes.
- Unicist Business Coaching uses the “Q” method for the debate on the use of the specific technologies for the projects.
- Coaching begins with a conceptual diagnosis and a strategy to implement a solution that includes the three clients: the company, the coachee and the project.
- Coaching sessions last between 20 and 30 minutes and are preceded by the use of a knowledge object to prepare the sessions.
- The coaching services have to be paid by the companies and not by the coachee in order to ensure that the final purpose of business coaching is focused on the company. These coaching agreements are made on based on “fixed fees” or on “success fees”.
- Unicist coaching processes need to have a maximal strategy and a minimum strategy to ensure results.
- Coaching agreements have a beginning and an end. New agreements can only be done in order to approach new projects.
Learn about the difference between business coaching and executive coaching at:
The Problems Solved by the Unicist Business Coaching
The preexisting coaching approaches have three implicit weaknesses that had to be compensated by the activity of the coach.
- The inexistence of a diagnosing system to define what is possible to be achieved in a business, in a project and by an individual. The diagnoses were basically focused on individuals. Now, the unicist approach integrates the diagnoses of companies, functions and individuals through the use of the Unicist Diagnostics Technology.
- The inexistence of a solution able to distinguish between a fallacious and a non-fallacious knowledge. The only alternative was the trial and error approach. Now, the unicist approach provides a categorization of fallacies, the knowledge of the fundamentals and destructive testing method to avoid fallacies.
- The inexistence of a system to ensure that external business coaching only assumes a catalyzing role without trying to become part of the decision making system of the coachees. Now, the organization of on line coaching sessions and the use of knowledge objects ensures that the catalyzing role is maintained during the coaching period.
The implementation of unicist technologies is basically driven by virtual collaboration. This implies a different way of working. The traditional “coaching” using phone or video-conferencing, which is functional for personal coaching, but is dysfunctional for business coaching where results need to be achieved. Learn more: