The unicist logical approach to B2B marketing is based on segmenting the companies while, within such companies, the B2C segmentation is used to segment the individual participants in a commercial process.
The B2B marketing process has been specially designed for supply driven markets, although it is fully applicable to demand driven markets considering that in this case it is necessary to sustain significant product/service differentiations.
The use of B2B marketing implies:
- Knowing the actual functional needs of a specific client considering the characteristics of the industry and its conjuncture.
- Having evaluated the maturity of the business processes and confirmed its compatibility with the value proposition.
- Having identified the type of relationships the potential customer establishes with its providers.
- Having confirmed that the essential attributes of the value propositions are a real catalyst for the business processes of the prospect.
- Having identified the business positioning of the prospect and confirmed that it is compatible with the positioning of the provider.
B2B Customer Profiles
Supply driven markets are based on innovations that are not driven by urgencies.
Therefore an adequate profiling of the prospects is basic in order to know if it is meaningful to invest in a marketing process to make a specific business.
Supply driven markets require a high level of reliability and the need of having the necessary critical mass to influence a company.
The critical mass is given by the aesthetics of the solution, the influence of the provider and the credibility that allows having the necessary level of reliability.
The benefit of using B2B Customer Profiles and Object Driven Marketing is that it allows beginning with a “cheap” promotional process to define possible leads and invest when the prospects fit into the necessary Company Profile to become buyers.
NOTE: The Unicist Research Institute was the pioneer in using the unicist logical approach in complexity science research and became a private global decentralized leading research organization in the field of human adaptive systems. It has an academic arm and a business arm. http://www.unicist.org/repo/index.php#Unicist