We invite you to enter the world of managing businesses using a functionalist approach that supersedes, but includes, the empirical approach and allows ensuring results. It uses binary actions, which are two synchronized actions that aim at the same purpose.
It is based on managing the triadic structure that drives any system, which is integrated by a purpose, an active function to expand and an energy conservation function to ensure results.
The functionalist approach to generate results is based on developing Unicist Binary Actions (UBA). These binary actions are synchronized actions that are natural as soon as one recognizes the purpose, the active function and the energy conservation function that drive the functionality of something.
Some examples will help to grasp the idea:
- The active function and the energy conservation function of the intelligence of a tree drive its growth and survival.
- Lift and propulsion make airplanes take-off and fly.
- The cover and the back-cover define the functionality of the packaging of a book.
- The music and the lyrics of a song define its aesthetics.
The use of binary actions to manage adaptive environments is a must.
Binary Actions are a Natural Human Approach
The use of manipulation, threat and chantage are negative ways of using binary actions to obtain benefits. Here you can find a series of binary actions to generate value that are evident, which are benchmarks you might use to adopt this way of thinking and working:
- Learning (UBAa) + Teaching (UBAb) = Knowledge acquisition
- Productivity (UBAa) + Quality (UBAb) = Value generation
- Marketing (UBAa) + Selling (UBAb) = Generating revenue
- Punishment (UBAa) + Rewards (UBAb) = People management
- Root Causes (UBAa) + Triggering Causes (UBAb) = Solutions
- Efficacy (UBAa) + Efficiency (UBAb) = Effectiveness
- Empathy (UBAa) + Sympathy (UBAb) = Influence Building
- Participation (UBAa) + Power (UBAb) = Leadership
- Processes (UBAa) + Objects (UBAb) = Organization
- Desirability (UBAa) + Harmony (UBAb) = Aesthetics
To generate results, the synchronicity of binary actions requires beginning with UBAa, which are active function actions, and then developing UBAb that are energy conservation actions.
Facileness installs shortcuts by trying to avoid the cost of the active function and obtaining results by just doing the energy conservation actions. Facileness intends to transfer the costs and the responsibility for results to others.
This is evident in educational programs; teaching requires that an individual previously has the need to learn. If not s/he will just be judging the teacher and what is being taught.
NOTE: Since 1976, The Unicist Research Institute (TURI) is a world leading research organization in its segment