Preface: The Paradigm Shift of the 4th Industrial Revolution
The unicist evolutionary approach was developed based on the resources of the 4th industrial revolution to provide a simple way to foster business expansion of companies whatever their type or size. This approach ensures business growth, profitability and sustainability.
The 4th Industrial Revolution introduced the need of having a conceptual mindset to manage the possibilities opened by adaptive business processes. It requires going beyond the systemic mindset introduced by the 3rd Industrial Revolution.
This paradigm shift includes:
- The management of the unified field of business processes to develop a superior level of productivity.
- The use of maximal strategies to foster growth and minimum strategies to ensure results.
- The use of catalysts to ensure the synchronicity of adaptive processes.
- The use of conceptual segmentation to manage the root causes of buying processes to ensure customer orientation.
- The management of the root causes of business processes to ensure quality.
The unicist evolutionary approach to the 4th Industrial Revolution increases the speed of business growth and ensures their profitability and sustainability.
The Unicist Evolutionary Approach in the 4th Industrial Revolution
The 4th Industrial Revolution fostered adaptiveness and customer orientation in businesses. It made Industry 4.0, the Internet of things and artificial intelligence possible. To ensure the reliability of business processes, this new stage requires managing the root-causes of business functions.
The discovery of the ontogenesis of evolution made by Peter Belohlavek, at The Unicist Research Institute, that defines the root causes of evolution, established an approach to manage the adaptiveness introduced by the 4th Industrial Revolution.
This drove to the development of the Unicist Evolutionary Approach that uses fundamentals to build a framework to manage the root-causes of business functions. It increases their adaptability, their speed of growth and improves their profitability in an environment of customer orientation and sustainability.
This approach uses the concepts and fundamentals of business processes, expert systems and unicist artificial intelligence. This development was based on the researches, developed since 1976, of the concepts and fundamentals that underlie social and business functions and processes.
These researches, which are still ongoing, allowed managing the root causes of businesses. Thus, the business processes became reasonable, understandable and predictable.
The UEA as a Catalyst
The unicist evolutionary approach was developed based on the resources of the 4th industrial revolution to provide a generic catalyst to accelerate the business expansion of companies whatever their type or size. The UEA is a solution that ensures business growth, profitability and sustainability.
The Seven Pillars of the Unicist Evolutionary Approach to Businesses
The Unicist Evolutionary Approach is based on 7 pillars that provide the operational approach to foster growth, profitability and sustainability using the technologies available in the 4th Industrial Revolution. They are:
- The Unified Field Management: to manage the unified field of business processes, to define what is possible to be achieved and how to make it happen.
- Unicist Strategy: to develop maximal and minimum strategies, within the limits of what is possible to be achieved, to grow and ensure results.
- The Use of Catalysts: to accelerate business processes and ensure the achievement of results in adaptive environments.
- Timing: to ensure the synchronicity and functionality of processes.
- Business Objects: to accelerate business processes and ensure their quality.
- Conceptual Design: to define the architecture of the unified field of business solutions.
- Pilot Tests: to develop pilot tests to ensure results, find the root causes of problems and develop their solutions.
The Use of Unicist Expert Systems to Develop Solutions
The management of business adaptiveness is a paradigm shift introduced by the 4th Industrial Revolution. This drove to the development of the Unicist Expert Systems to manage the unified fields and fundamentals of business processes to develop solutions in adaptive environments.
These systems provide an intelligent participative tool to manage the unified field of the business processes to increase their adaptability, productivity, quality and customer orientation.
The Unicist Expert Systems were developed at The Unicist Research Institute using the knowledge-base generated by more than 5,000 researches developed in the field of social, business and individual evolution.
There are systems available for each category of business function, which allow generating solutions that manage the root causes of the problems and developing the catalysts needed to ensure results in adaptive environments.
The Unicist Research Institute