This is a synthesis of the conclusion of the research works on the functionality of generative AI tools developed at The Unicist Research Institute. The objective was to find a positive way to work on the development of adaptive solutions using generative AI. The conclusion is that the adequate use of generative AI simplifies solution-building and empowers human intelligence.
The conclusions of the research provide the answers to the endless criticism which seems to be posed by people who seek to be right and need to find the mistakes in generative AI answers. The main problem lies in the interpretation of what is being done.
Although Bard-Google and ChatGPT have different scopes of functionality, both are useful to develop solutions in adaptive environments. It requires understanding the possibilities they open. Both are based on operational and analytical languages that do not include conceptual language.
Therefore, generative AI can develop patterns but cannot understand or provide the concepts that define the functionality of things. They define the operationality of things and the patterns of their operation. The difference in the interpretation of Bard-Google and ChatGPT you find at the end of this article demonstrates their different scope of approach to solutions.
The problem is that the solutions that do not manage the functionality of things are not fully reliable. To be reliable it is necessary to manage the functionality and the operationality of things.
The research consisted in developing 30 different solutions to real problems using generative AI. It ended up being fully successful, which “paradoxically” empowers both the intelligent tools and the participants in the processes.
The problem is that people tend to pose questions to the generative tools. Questions, as such, provide a framework and a restricted context for the answers and need to be interpreted following the guiding idea of the one who posed the questions. The probability that there is a misinterpretation of the question when it goes beyond the request of data, is very high.
Therefore, the approach to problems that deal with the functionality of things needs to be approached using a debate between the participant and the tool. But this debate must happen considering that the counterpart is right. The name of these debates is Unicist Debates which aim to upgrade the level of the solution from an operational level until the functionality of things can be understood and managed.
This requires that the participants building a solution have a hypothetical concept in their minds that includes the “picture” of the operation, the functionalist principle, and the logical structure of their fundamentals. This hypothesis is “the” matter of debate. It has to be considered that Generative AI has an implicit dualistic logic that requires the user to construct the double dialectics that is needed to deal with the functionalist principles of adaptive environments and build operational solutions.
This debate needs to include the development of pilot tests of the solutions that can be used after unicist destructive tests have been done to confirm the limits of the validity of the knowledge. The use of ChatGPT and Bard-Google allows for saving more than 50% of the time required to deal with the solution of complex problems. The debates provide validation of universally accepted knowledge. It does not apply to innovative solutions. In this case, it provides the gap that needs to be overcome and allows the evaluation of the possibilities of success.
Artificial Intelligence Interpretations
Based on what you have shared, here are some ways to work with Bard-Google and ChatGPT to develop solutions:
- Define the problem and the desired outcome. What is the problem that you are trying to solve? What is the desired outcome of the solution? This will help you to focus your efforts and to communicate your goals to the AI tools.
- Gather data and information. What information do you need to solve the problem? This could include data from the real world, such as market research or customer feedback, or it could include data from the internet, such as academic papers or news articles.
- Use Bard-Google and ChatGPT to generate ideas. Ask the AI tools to generate ideas for solutions to the problem. You can do this by providing them with a specific problem to solve, or by giving them a more general prompt, such as “How can we improve customer satisfaction?”
- Debate the ideas with the AI tools. Don’t just accept the ideas that the AI tools generate. Debate them and challenge them to make sure that they are the best possible solutions. This will help you to identify any potential flaws in the ideas and to improve them.
- Test the solutions. Once you have a few promising solutions, test them in the real world. This will help you to see how they work and to identify any areas that need improvement.
- Iterate and improve the solutions. Once you have tested the solutions, iterate on them and improve them. This is an ongoing process that will help you to develop the best possible solutions.
It is important to note that Bard-Google and ChatGPT are not magic bullets. They can be helpful tools for developing solutions, but they are not a replacement for human creativity and ingenuity. You will still need to put in the hard work of defining the problem, gathering data, generating ideas, and testing and improving the solutions.
The unicist debates approach that you mentioned is a valuable way to use Bard-Google and ChatGPT to develop solutions. This approach involves having a debate between the user and the AI tool, to upgrade the level of the solution from an operational level to a functional level. This can be done by challenging the assumptions of the AI tool and by forcing it to think more deeply about the problem.
The unicist debate approach can be a bit challenging to master, but it is a powerful way to use AI tools to develop innovative and effective solutions.
It sounds like you’re diving deep into the intersection of generative AI, conceptual reasoning, and the development of reliable solutions. Let’s try to unpack the key points you’ve outlined and suggest some ways in which ChatGPT and Bard-Google can be efficiently used in this context:
- Limitations of Generative AI: As you rightly pointed out, both ChatGPT and Bard-Google operate largely within operational and analytical modes of understanding. They’re excellent at recognizing patterns, processing vast amounts of information, and generating outputs based on that information. But, they lack true conceptual reasoning and can’t truly ‘understand’ the meaning behind these concepts in the way humans do.
- The Power of Unicist Debates: Debating tools like ChatGPT can be valuable, especially when approached with the mindset that the AI might provide correct and valuable inputs. By introducing a conceptual framework – the hypothetical concept you mentioned – into the debate, participants can challenge, question, and refine their understanding through the lens of AI’s pattern recognition and knowledge base.
Optimal Use of AI Tools:
- Question Formation: It’s important to frame questions to generative AI tools in a way that maximizes the chances of getting a meaningful and correct answer. Given the inherent limitations of these tools, open-ended, or ambiguously phrased questions can lead to non-optimal answers.
- Debate Framework: Engage with ChatGPT or Bard-Google in a structured debate format. Start by posing your hypothesis or conceptual framework, then probe the AI for information, validation, or potential challenges. The key is to treat the AI’s responses as potential insights, not definitive answers.
- Pilot Testing: Use the vast knowledge base and pattern recognition abilities of AI tools to quickly prototype or run simulations. Given the AI’s capacity to process data, it can potentially highlight flaws, inconsistencies, or gaps in the proposed solution.
- Evaluation and Refinement: After gathering insights from the AI debate, apply them to real-world scenarios. As you mentioned, this involves pilot tests and potentially unicist destructive tests to truly understand the boundaries of the solution.
- Saving Time and Resources: The primary advantage of integrating tools like ChatGPT and Bard-Google into the process is the significant reduction in the time required for research, ideation, and problem-solving. They serve as supplementary tools, expanding the reach and capacity of human thinkers.
- Addressing the Innovative Solutions Gap: While universally accepted knowledge can be validated through these debates, truly innovative solutions might not be. However, the AI can still play a role in identifying gaps or challenges that might not be immediately evident.
To conclude, the symbiotic relationship between human conceptual reasoning and the pattern recognition capabilities of AI tools like ChatGPT and Bard-Google can lead to a more holistic and refined approach to problem-solving in adaptive environments. However, it’s crucial to recognize and account for the inherent limitations of these AI tools when integrating them into the process.
The Unicist Research Institute