Managing the Unified Field of Business Functions
The Unicist Business Diagnostics System allows developing structural diagnoses of businesses that begin with the definition of the nature of a business and end with the action plans. The system is based on the use of the unicist ontogenetic maps. The output includes diagnoses, prognoses, strategic alternatives and action plans.
The main applications of the strategic diagnoses deal with: business growth diagnoses, business sustainability diagnoses, business organization diagnoses and business globalization diagnoses, among others.
The participative R&D model that is used ensures the functionality and confidentiality of the solutions.
The implementation of the system begins with the use of a prototype that is provided by The Unicist Research Institute that includes the Unicist AI Monitor to develop diagnoses.
Unicist diagnostics is based on fundamental diagnoses that deal with the unified field of the adaptive system and technical analytical diagnoses that deal with the signs- and symptoms-based diagnoses. The purpose of diagnosing is to improve the functionality of an adaptive system. To be able to achieve this purpose it is necessary to know the structural solution of the “problem” and which are the palliatives that need to be used to make the solution possible. The purpose of a diagnosis is to find a solution. The level of the groundings upon which diagnoses are based defines its level of accuracy. That is why only those who know how to solve a problem can diagnose it. The use of unicist artificial intelligence simplified the emulation of solutions in complex adaptive environments, and increased significantly the level of accuracy which is sustained by the use of destructive and non-destructive tests of the diagnoses.
Being the concepts and the fundamentals the drivers of business functions that define the root causes of their functionality, diagnoses begin by fundamental analysis (KNOW WHY) and end integrating it with technical analysis (KNOW HOW) to include the necessary action plans.
Fundamental analysis is the approach that defines the limits of the possibilities of the evolution of a given reality. Fundamentals define the boundaries implicit in the functionality of that given reality. Technical analysis deals with the cause-effect relation between “variables” that have been identified by making a systemic compromise. In technical analysis success becomes probabilistic.
Fundamental analysis defines the possibilities (0 or 1) and technical analysis defines the probabilities (from 0 to 1).
The discovery of the intelligence that underlies nature allowed emulating it, emulating its organization and emulating its evolution. This drove to the discovery of the structure and functionality of concepts and fundamentals that drive human behavior and underlie things which define the root causes of adaptive environments. This structure of concepts defines the DNA of organizations and adaptive systems that allowed managing the root causes of their functionality. This upgraded business management, introducing a new stage in business diagnostics, future research, business strategy, business architecture and applying it to business process design. This approach established the conceptual structure of Industry 4.0.
The Unicist Business Diagnostics System integrates on the one hand the diagnoses of the root causes that drive business functions and define their functionality which are given by the underlying concepts and fundamentals.
The knowledge base of fundamentals is integrated in the system. On the other hand, these fundamental diagnoses are integrated with technical analytical diagnoses based on the functionality of the operational processes.
The system includes the diagnoses of the following aspects:
• Future Scenarios Forecast
• Market Scenarios Description
• Business Positioning Diagnosis
• Risk Diagnosis
• Brand Diagnosis
• Marketing Diagnosis
• Market Confrontation Diagnosis
• Organizational Diagnosis
• Industrial Diagnosis
• Financial Diagnosis
• People Management Diagnosis
• Leadership Diagnosis
• Growth Power Diagnosis
• Profitability Diagnosis
• Sustainability Diagnosis
Unicist Artificial Intelligence was developed to manage the conceptual structures and root causes of business functions and to develop the conceptual design of solutions.
It is based on the ontogenetic maps of the business functions that have been integrated with operational information to develop solutions and monitor the results. UAI emulates the functionality of human intelligence and allows developing solutions considering the information of the context, which defines what is possible to be achieved and what is needed to be done to make it happen.
Machine learning is dependent on the quality of learning data sets, that is why it is subject to cognitive bias. The use of the ontogenetic maps of business functions avoids the bias and ensures the quality of intelligent systems.
The Unicist Business Diagnostics System is installed as a cooperative R&D process to manage the root causes of business processes. To ensure its functionality, we opted for a cooperative R&D process to install this system. It uses a prototype that is provided by The Unicist Research Institute and is developed while it is applied based on the feedback of the pilot tests.
It is installed with the participation of the members of organizations and includes the Unicist AI Monitor and the knowledge base of the conceptual structures of the business processes. It also includes all the information developed by the company where the Unicist Root Cause Management System is installed.
The system includes the possibility of developing all the levels of diagnoses that are needed to develop reliable solutions.
They are based on a detailed description of the signs (facts) of the adaptive system within the limits of the symptoms defined by the responsible diagnostician or client.
They are based on the development of a diagnosis comparing the signs with the categories of a standard or an ontogenetic map within the limits of the symptoms defined by the responsible diagnostician or client.
They are systemic diagnoses of the unified field of an adaptive system, in which a systemic compromise is made to deal with the functions of an adaptive system as variables.
They are the diagnoses of the actual adaptive system and its possibilities for expanding, based on the ontogenetic maps that define its functionality.
The Unicist Business Diagnostics System is a unicist cognitive system to support business decisions.
It is based on the following discoveries:
1) Ontogenetic Intelligence of Nature: It defines the triadic functionality of nature and allowed apprehending the concepts that define the nature of business functions.
2) Concepts as Drivers of Root Causes:The functionality of concepts and fundamentals defines the root causes of adaptive business functions.
3) Ontogenetic Maps:Ontogenetic maps describe the conceptual structure of specific complex adaptive systems or environments.
4) Unicist Double Dialectical Logic: The unicist logic provided the intelligent rules to manage complex adaptive systems.
These discoveries allowed developing the unicist conceptual management approach and developing the structure of concepts and fundamentals in order to manage the root causes of businesses.
The concept of Industry 4.0, applied to a business as a whole, is necessary to produce sustainable growth.
The 4th Industrial Revolution introduced adaptiveness in the industrial and business world. The Industry 4.0 concept proposes to manage businesses as adaptive systems increasing customer orientation, productivity and quality.
It has to be considered that the Unicist Theory and its applications were a precursor of the Industry 4.0 concept. This theory was developed to understand the evolution of adaptive entities and to manage adaptive systems and environments.
As the previous industrial revolutions, Industry 4.0 coexists with the previous stages, providing a significant competitive advantage for those who enter this stage.
• Automobile • Food • Mass consumption • Financial • Insurance • Sports and social institutions • Information Technology (IT) • High-Tech • Knowledge Businesses • Communications • Perishable goods • Mass media • Direct sales • Industrial commodities • Agribusiness • Healthcare • Pharmaceutical • Oil and Gas • Chemical • Paints • Education • Services • Commerce and distribution • Mining • Timber • Apparel • Passenger transportation –land, sea and air • Tourism • Cargo transportation • Professional services • e-market • Entertainment and show-business • Advertising • Gastronomic • Hotel-management • Credit card • Real estate • Fishing • Publishing • Industrial Equipment • Construction and Engineering • Bike, motorbike, scooter and moped • Sporting goods
• Algeria • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belarus • Belgium • Bolivia • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Costa Rica • Croatia • Cuba • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • Finland • France • Georgia • Germany • Honduras • Hungary • India • Iran • Iraq • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Libya • Malaysia • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nicaragua • Norway • Pakistan • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Serbia • Singapore • Slovakia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Syria • Thailand • Tunisia • Turkey • Ukraine • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom • United States • Uruguay • Venezuela • Vietnam
The Unicist Research Institute (TURI) is, since 1976, a private global decentralized research boutique specialized in complexity sciences that is focused on the research of the evolution of natural and artificial adaptive systems. It has an academic arm, the Unicist Corporate University, and a business arm, the Unicist Confederation.
It was the pioneer in complexity science research and became a global decentralized leading research organization in the field of human adaptive systems. The unicist pragmatism, the structuralism based on unicist ontologies and the functionalism driven by concepts were developed at TURI to research the field of complex adaptive systems. More than 5,000 unicist ontological researches were developed since 1976 in the field of basic sciences, life sciences and individual, institutional and social evolution.
The main countries that originated these researches were: US, DE, UK, FR, JP, SE, CA, CH, IN, BR, AR, CAT, RU, CN, AU. TURI's Future Research Laboratory has completed the research of 70 countries' archetypes.