The Unicist Methodology to Research Human Adaptive Systems
The observation room for the Market Labs has been launched. It allows newcomers to become acquainted with the unicist complexity science research methodology. The Market Lab research is coordinated by Diana Belohlavek.
The basic steps are:
- Develop the hypothetical structure of the ontology.
- Analyze the ontology and divide it into sub-ontologies following the laws of complementation and supplementation (only when necessary and possible).
- Define observable results that need to be considered to validate the ontology.
- Define the application fields of the ontology to validate its functionality.
- Develop the applications beginning with destructive and non-destructive pilot tests to forecast reality.
- Develop at least five experiences in the application field differing completely one from the other.
- Develop forecasts of at least three periods with full certainty.
- Restart the research process every time a deviation occurs.
Unicist Ontologies are omnipotent fantasies unless they have been tested. The testing of ontologies implies testing their functionality and requires a precise design of the tests. The “trial and error” use of objects is not a pilot test.
Pilot tests are the drivers of the unicist reflection processes. Pilot tests have two objectives:
- Falsification of knowledge
- Validation of knowledge
1) Falsification – Destructive testing
Falsification, in the field of complex problems, implies finding the limits of the validity of a given knowledge. To do so, it is necessary to develop experiences in homologous fields until the limits of validity are found. It defines the unified field that can be apprehended.
The falsification process is a destructive test for knowledge that is applied to realities with incomplete homologies. The destruction occurs when a condition is found to demonstrate the fallacy of the knowledge.
2) Validation – Non-destructive testing
Validation implies the factual confirmation of the validity of knowledge. Validation is achieved when knowledge suffices to exert influence on a reality in a predictable way.
Access a synthesis on the “The Unicist Complexity Science Research to deal with Adaptive Systems” that is available at the Scientific Dissemination Program. You will find there other syntheses that might be of your interest:
Unicist Press Committee
NOTE: The Unicist Research Institute was the pioneer in complexity science research and became a global decentralized world-class research organization in the field of human adaptive systems.